Saturday, February 21, 2009

Excitement on the Night Before...

I had an epiphany this evening, but I'm not sure what it means. I'm sitting here waiting to begin my next adventure, and I feel excited and ready to embrace my independence for one of the first times in a very long time. I thought about what caused this breakthrough of self-discovery and confidence, and I wonder if it is the fact that I feel very alone and separated from my family and many of the other people in my life. I think that when you know you don't have a shoulder to go to at all times, you need to approach problems differently- they truly become your own. The last few days have been filled with such adrenaline. Yes there is anxiety; I am tense in ways I have not been for a long time, and I can't keep up with my appetite. However, there is also a lot of excitement. I am finally taking control of my life again. The things I wanted are about to be back in my reach. I'm not STUCK anymore! It's the most amazing feeling of freedom combined with expectation. As much as I want a hug and want love and support right now, I also want to keep moving. I can't wait for what tomorrow has in store.

No comments: