Friday, November 27, 2009

Thinking Back

Every Thanksgiving I try to take a few minutes to reflect back upon the last year. While I realize I'm a day late this year, I still wanted to take a moment, because I realize that so much of what I have now (and what my life is now) is completely different from a year ago. It makes the title of this blog, "Wanderings of a Harvard Graduate," seem more fitting than it might otherwise be. I think I really have wandered... and am still wandering.

I am staggered that a year ago, I was living in a different town in a different apartment, and that I barely knew (or didn't know) many of the people who are today some of my closest friends. I didn't have this support system, and my job... it was two jobs ago, and feels like a lifetime away. Since then, I've moved forward in every way and found myself. I don't think my core has changed, but I do think that I am stronger. Much stronger than I ever imagined I could be.

It has been an extremely challenging year. Not having my grandfather at Thanksgiving hurt more than I thought it would, though I suppose he wasn't well enough to attend last year either. There are still lots of questions about and within my life that remain unanswered... which is why I am so thankful for my life, the people in it, and the direction things have taken in the last year. I could never have predicted it-- just as I am sure I will not be able to predict what will happen in the year to come.

With fire in her eyes,
me

No comments: