Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Tale as Old as Time

I have been in somewhat of a funk for the past week and I think part of it is that sudden realization that my friends and I are growing up and entering a new phase of our lives. All of a sudden so many people are getting married and having kids. It becomes harder to spend times with your friends because everyone has a significant other whom they're balancing too. Others move away.

The creators of FRIENDS (TV Show) had said this about the end of the show: "Everybody was growing up. This is part of why the show had to end. This was no longer that time in your life when your friends are your family. You’re starting your own family." As soon as they said it, I realized it was true, and that that's basically the transition my peers and I are going through. But it's really bittersweet.

No comments: