Thursday, June 12, 2008

Beginings

I have now been a Harvard graduate for a week, and I hardly know what to do with myself. Despite my degree and the fact that I have a job lined up, it still seems that I am more lost than found. Consequently, I've created this blog to keep up with my wanderings--both mentally and physically--as I put together a life for myself beyond the gates of Harvard Yard.

My life has always been defined within an academic setting, despite attempts to do or be otherwise. Some people may say they were undefined before high school or college, but I always existed within the framework of the classroom. I always loved school, was curious, and lived a life that revolved around a large slate of extracurricular activities. That was the life I lived for as long as I can remember. Although I changed within that world and my ideas, personality, and mannerisms are different now than they used to be, I have always had that construct to be in. Now, a world without a classroom seems like a strange thought. When I'm moving, I become motivated again, but otherwise, it becomes increasingly easy to just sit, relax, think, and be... lazy. I am still that girl who wants to take over the world, and am still many f the things I was within the confines of the classroom-- I just have to figure out how to translate that into the real world. Which is why I'm wandering.

No comments: